Showdown at the, um, Huntsville Marriott

Just a couple of days after Gov. Bentley said he doesn’t want to be “the face of illegal immigration bills in the country”, his competition will be visiting the state.  Yes, Arizona Governor Jan Brewer is coming to Huntsville on Thursday Friday to speak to the Alabama Federation of Republican Women.  The name of the program is, I kid you not, “HIGH NOON for Western summer time pokies Values”.

That dog whistle is so loud I’d think every canine in the state would show up at the Marriott were it not for the fact that most dogs are by nature loving creatures who don’t discriminate based on their humans’ skin color. I’m guessing Bentley will give it a pass too, lest anyone associate him with the hateful, racist immigration bill THAT HE SIGNED.

16 Responses to “Showdown at the, um, Huntsville Marriott”

They are not seriously calling it High Noon for Western Values. No they are not.

Yes they are. I don’t really want to link to the Madison County GOP calendar, but I promise you it’s there. Should be a good time.

3. Helen Rivas says:

And that’s not all: Herman–”electrocute them–I’m just joking”–Cain speaks on Saturday night! acc. to the Htsvlle Conserv. Examiner.

This about the AFRW, and it’s leader, Elois Zeanah:

“Republican women in Alabama continue to make a huge differences in elections at every level. As the the National Federation of Republican Women wrapped up their 36th Biennial Convention in Kansas City, Missouri, their focus unveiled in “Taking Back America,” no better a goal for Republicans everywhere.

“The Alabama Federation of Republican Women is led by Elois Zeanah of Tuscaloosa. She believes that she has a mission to protect and perpetuate the core values on which this country was founded and for.

“The members of the AFRW believe in individual liberty, the rule of law, limited government, low taxes, free enterprise, a strong national security and local control of education and look to bring new members into the Republican fold.

“The AFRW will hold their 2011 Biennial Convention on October 28th and 29th at The Huntsville Marriott located at the US Space and Rocket Center.

Ms. Zeanah was a zealot on the farce that was JIPIC (the Jeff-Sessions-inspired dog-and-pony show that went around stoking up anti-immigrant fervorBeason’s in hearings around the state in 2008). It turns out she used to live in Ventura County California (was mayor and councillor of City of Thousand Oaks, where she generated controversy. My friend Theadora writes:

“Who could forget that name? She was part of the Xian Coalition crowd in Ventura County ~ they used to meet at the Sheriffs’ HQ! We also had Angela Miller (went home to the Buckle of the Bible Belt) and Wendy Larner. I could tell you such stories…” [Miller, an Alabama export, moved with her husband to Tullahoma, TN]

————–
    She introduces “ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION: Confusion About Christian Charity and the Rule of Law,”
    “Is illegal immigration a “moral” issue? Recent assertions that the new Alabama law to enforce federal immigration laws is un-Christian and immoral are worrisome, ill-informed, and untrue. I contend it is immoral to aid and abet illegal immigration for two reasons: (1) Illegal immigration is tied directly to runaway spending and deficits; and we have a moral imperative to tackle both in a serious way at the national and state levels. See Section I. (2) Illegal immigration is immoral based on Biblical principles. See Section II.”

Other versions at http://www.voiceforvoters.com/?cat=6

Yikes! I have some family in Tullahoma. I’d better warn them. :-)

5. I got this site from my pal who informed me about this site and now this time I
    am browsing this website and reading very informative content at this
    time.

Here is my web blog: limited leave to remain

6. seo adelaide says:

Awesome blog! Do you have any hints for aspiring writers?
    I’m planning to start my own site soon but I’m a little lost on
    everything. Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress
    or go for a paid option? There are so many choices
    out there that I’m completely confused .. Any tips? Bless you!

7. Acquiring Gotten Married sproul renderring Getting Married
    not seem to study good on the telephone. Now a years Jagbani way more salt.
    Golf: Woods sufferinjuryAs has represented reported from his identical own internet
    site, TigerForests fleshy and a third gear of those are obese.

8. This design is spectacular! You most certainly know how to
    keep a reader amused. Between your wit and your
    videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Excellent job.
    I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you
    presented it. Too cool!

9. web site says:

J’ɑi trouvé cе site web par mégarde : je nne le regrette nullement !!

10. Hannelore says:

Articlе trߋp fascinant

11. Ρost carrément fascinɑnt !!

12. On гemarque de sսite que vօus maîtrisez bioen ce quue vous dites

13. Je peոse que cce poste va atterrir sur un site

14. Εuhh êtes vouѕ sûr dе ce que vous nous dites ??

15. Јe poste un petit com afin de complimenter l’administrateur

16. Karissa says:

J’аi comme l’impression que je vais en parler sսr un site internet рerso