I wasn’t going to say anything about Parker Griffith…

but then Sarah Palin congratulated us.

Those right-wingers have a point: why does she enrage us so? Is it because we fear her? Surely not. I am not enraged! Merely irritated.

But what’s with that semicolon? Communications degree my ass.

9 Responses to “I wasn’t going to say anything about Parker Griffith…”

1. Joe says:

I just clicked on the link; to see the semi-colon thing; not knowing it would take me to her twitter page; and now I feel my computer needs cleansing. See, semi-colons inserted everywhere; yikes!

2. libhomo says:

Palin enrages liberals because she represents everything that is hateful, stupid, and unpatriotic about the GOP.

Joe, I’m sorry about your computer. Especially at this time of the year, when we are smelling the delicious aromas of pecan pie and roasting sweet potatoes, and perhaps also duck or other game killed right here in our beautiful home state of Alabama, it is hard to have to deal with the distractions of such as unneeded or unwanted semicolons, but I would urge you, and all Alabamians, to persevere as we fight to preserve our great state and its great freedoms, and also the customs and heritage of our ancestors and also newcomers to our great state.

Going rogue with grammar.

5. Tom in Lazybrook says:

Why should Alabama progressives care what party Artur Davis/Parker Griffith/Bobby Bright are registered with?

They haven’t done anything for us. They wont do anything for us. Why bother with them at all? Why should I care who wins those elections if my choices are between two far right Conservatives?

6. [...] Birmingham Blues Suburban Mom-Employed-Outside-the-Home Gone Bad « I wasn’t going to say anything about Parker Griffith… [...]

Tom, I understand your disappointment with Davis, Bright, and Griffith, but none of them is a far right conservative. Bright is pretty much what he said he’d be, a conservative Democrat who votes with the party most of the time. Griffith is a liar who supported single payer health coverage while he was a candidate and is now touting Republican positions because he thinks it’s the only way to get re-elected. Davis was never a raging liberal, but he was a reliable Democratic vote in Congress until he decided to run for Governor. He’s still a long way from far right. I’m not thrilled with any of them, but let’s be honest about what they are.

As for Ms. Palin, I hope she never tries to make a living as a writer.

Kath, I hate to say this, but considering how much she’s been paid for “Going Rogue,” I’d say she’s already making a living as a writer (at least, one with ghostly help). And as I just noticed on Audible, she’s apparently making money as an actor too, if you count her recording the thing as “voice work.”

Time to go water my green bay tree now :)

Should have added as opposed to a “writer”. :)