This promises to be interesting. A panel of journalists will discuss the upcoming Langford trial, the role that race may or may not play in the 2010 gubernatorial election, whether or not Jefferson County should declare bankruptcy, the future of journalism and other topics of interest. The event begins at 6:30 PM at the Birmingham Botanical Gardens. It’s FREE and open to the public.
The OTM Dems have an excellent track record with these forums — great panelists, intelligent discussion, and the opportunity for audience members to ask questions. Featured panelists tonight:
- Kyle Whitmire, award-winning columnist for the Birmingham Weekly
- John Archibald, award-winning metro columnist for the Birmingham News
- Ron January, Open Mike Show, WATV
- mooncat, Left in Alabama (yay, a blogger!)
- Charles Dean, political reporter for the Birmingham News
See you there!