WTF?  Former Word of Life youth minister William David Webb, 36-year-old son of Senior Pastor Scott Webb, was sentenced today for transporting a 15-year-old girl across state lines for sex.  He pleaded guilty back in May in exchange for a five-year sentence.  He’s a child molester (and statutory rapist, although it appears he was never charged with that rape charges were dismissed as part of the plea deal), and his wife is batshit-crazy:

The defendant’s wife of nearly 13 years, Tara Webb, submitted a letter to the court saying she became aware of her husband’s relationship with the victim in August 2007. “He immediately repented and asked my forgiveness,” her letter said. Mrs. Webb said she went to the victim, who worked for her as a volunteer in the church audio department. “She apologized to me and I forgave her,” Mrs. Webb wrote. “I encouraged her and told her to not let it hold her back but to pursue her dreams.” [emphasis mine]

I bet he repented — after he got caught.  And she had the gall to go to the VICTIM, who worked for her, for an apology?  Those two deserve each other.

I hope the VICTIM is able to move on with her life.  I wonder if she’ll ever get an apology — from her molester or his enabler wife.

20 Responses to “Youth Pastor Sentenced on Teen Sex Charges, Wife Brags that Victim “Apologized” to Her”

1. Helen says:

“I hope the VICTIM is able to move on with her life. I wonder if she’ll ever get an apology — from her molester or his enabler wife.”

I hope she’s moved on to civil court and a lawsuit.

I hope the Webb childrens grandparents also sue for custody. Mom sounds unbalanced.

2. Katy says:

I wish this surprised me. Sort of like LaPierre and Langford. Disgusting, sad and fairly predictable.

That is so far beyond sick that I have no words.

Helen, someone in the al.com comments claimed that Mrs. Webb refuses to allow her parents to see their grandchildren because they wouldn’t go along with a cover-up of this crime. If that’s correct, sounds like the kids might very well be better off with them, other things being equal.

5. Helen says:

There is a longer story in today’s print edition of the News.

The victim’s uncle adds that the Senior Webb was told about the incident and promised to keep his son away from children. Soon he was right back involved with youth.

6. Katy says:

Good luck with that. My experience is that “grandparent’s rights” are a joke.

7. [...] writers for the Birmingham News.  The girl that former Word of Life youth pastor David Webb transported across state lines for the purpose of sexual activity has now sued him, the church, and his father, the senior [...]

8. daniel welch says:

These show that the born again bull does work. This scam has to stop.

9. daniel welch says:

(correction) This show that the born again scam does not work. This has to stop. ALso any religion that got to scare people into believing in is not a real true religion and that it is a evil teaching.

10. Newdy.org says:

That is a good tip particularly to those new to the blogosphere.
    Brief but very precise info… Thank you for sharing
    this one. A must read article!

11. Michelle says:

Use water in bottles when you travel. But if your
    inner-ear dysfunction was inherited, chances are that which
    you see. When vacationing in any number of ways
    throughout the year, summers and winters being mild plus rainfall being scarce.

12. dresy says:

Its such as you read my mind! You appear to grasp so much about this, like
    you wrote the e book in it or something. I
    think that you could do with some p.c. to force the message
    house a bit, however instead of that, this is magnificent blog.
    An excellent read. I will certainly be back.

13. Hi I am so glad I found your site, I really found you by accident, while I was looking
    on Askjeeve for something else, Anyhow I am here now and would just like to say many thanks for
    a tremendous post and a all round thrilling
    blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to
    read through it all at the moment but I have saved it
    and also added your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a great deal more, Please do keep up the superb b.

14. At this moment I am going to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming again to read other news.

15. Fabuła zbliżona każdemu, polecam lekturę

Here is my web-site … kserokopiarki kolorowe gliwice

16. Marisa says:

It’s hard to find your articles in google. I found it
    on 18 spot, you should build quality backlinks , it will help you to increase traffic.
    I know how to help you, just type in google – k2 seo
    tips and tricks

17. google.com says:

This site definitely has all of the information I wanted about this subject and didn’t know who to ask.

18. Kala says:

I see a lot of interesting content on your blog. You have to
    spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of
    time, there is a tool that creates readable, google friendly articles
    in couple of seconds, just search in google
    - k2 unlimited content

19. Regan says:

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you
    spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save you a lot of work,
    there is an online tool that creates unique, google friendly posts in minutes, just search
    in google – laranitas free content source

20. Darci says:

Wielce fajny post, nietuzinkowe teksty polecam wszystkim literaturę

Here is my web site; nasionka [Darci]