Andy Hallett Dies

andy-hallettThirty-three is too young.  Andy played Lorne, the green singing demon with a heart of gold on Angel.  He died after a five-year battle with heart disease.

I feel so badly for his family and friends.  The news report says his dad was with him when he died.  It’s just not the natural order of things for parents to bury their children.

Rest in peace, Andy.

via Whedonesque

7 Responses to “Andy Hallett Dies”

1. Tricia says:

Oh, no. I loved him as Lorne. So sad. :-(

2. Andy says:

He was one of my favorite things about ‘Angel’. Myocarditis following an infection – there are some things that even modern medicine can’t do a lot about.

-A

Too bad. Definitely the coolest character on Angel.

4. dale says:

This is a shock for me. He had a great singing voice, and was one of the characters I enjoyed on Angel. My heart goes out to his family. To young to be gone so soon.

Dale, it’s still hard to believe he’s gone. He was a joy to watch on Angel.

6. CJ says:

A parent should never outlive their children. I feel so sad for the family. He was a true talent. i only found just now that he was past. while watching tnt’s morning schedule of back to back angels and wondered (for the first time) what he looked like without his makeup. sad day for me.

7. Jane says:

I too, was just watching reruns of Angel, back to back and after all this time and really liking his character, Loren, I too wondered what he looked like in real life.as Andy not ‘Loren.’ A very handsome man in real life and much too young to have passed away. I feel also that no parent should outlive their children. It’s too hard to bear! I send my condolences and prayers to his family to give them strength during this very hard time. No, we never forget, but it does get easier with God and time. Love, J