Winds of Change Blowing in Alabama?

CNN has called the 5th Congressional District for Democrat Parker Griffith.  Democrat Bobby Bright leads in the 2nd District with 97% of the vote counted.  Democrat Josh Segall garnered 47% of the vote in District 3 going up against incumbent Mike Rogers.  Wow.

10 Responses to “Winds of Change Blowing in Alabama?”

1. Tricia says:

I think that horribly stupid attack ad against Segall (that ran non-stop) actually helped him. OMG!!1111He’s a librul!!!1111ACLU11!!!!!Pelosi!111!!!

Every time I saw that ad, I thought, “Cool! I’m voting for that guy.” :-)

Oh, Tricia, that ad was horrible! And the one that had the two old guys, who will never get pregnant, proclaiming, “He’s pro-abortion!” I wanted to smack both of them with a big smelly fish. I just wish I could have voted for Segall; we’re stuck with Bachus for two more years.

3. Tricia says:

I just hope that there was enough of a shift to get the Dem national party to pay attention down here. You know “50-state-strateeeeegery” and all.

Wouldn’t that be nice?

5. Jennifer says:

I was very sad that Twinkle Andress lost. I really, really liked her name. Not sure what she was running for, but I voted for her!! Great name. Really.

6. Jennifer says:

But I also voted for that Deborah Bell Passeur too, because I liked her commercials. I felt bad they dragged her mama out of the nursing home to do those commercials, but I liked the Amazing Grace music in the background. Did I mention I am very shallow when it comes to voting?

Jennifer, please tell me you didn’t really vote for Twinkle.

8. Almod says:

I really didn’t vote on a few of the offices, but I did make sure to vote against Sessions, vote against McCain, vote against Twinkle, and vote against Bachus. (I wrote in my own name.)

If Bachus goes unchallenged again, I’m going to call up my McClendon and Beason and see if they’d be willing to run against him. If not, I’ll change my party affiliation and run against him MYSELF!

Jen, she was running for Public Service Commission President. I am extremely relieved that Lucy Baxley won.

10. Jennifer says:

I HAD to vote for Twinkle. I mean come on….her name was TWINKLE!! I couldn’t pass that up!! I like Lucy Baxley, but TWINKLE???? No contest!!! Besides she had more signs than Lucy. And Lucy left a lot of hers up too long after the last election, which really annoyed me.