Post 2000

Ken would have been 51 today. I miss him so much.

When I started this blog, I never dreamed that this would be post number 2,000. That’s supposed to be a milestone. I guess it is, in a way. Half of my family of birth is gone. I’ve finally learned how those other people who have lost so much continue to get up in the morning and go on with life every day.

The cilantro seeds I planted ten days ago have sprouted big time. There are ten tiny seedlings in the pot.

cilantroseedlings5212008

I’ll take that as a gift from the brother with the green thumb to the sister who never had one before. Thanks, my only brother — and happy birthday.

9 Responses to “Post 2000”

1. Nancy says:

Happy First Bday in Heaven, Cousin Ken. You are missed, but we know we’ll all see you again! Kathy & Aunt Pat & Tony, I know today will bring back alot memories – I am sure every day does though. Ken meant so much to so many people. All that he stood for and was lives on in you that love him, even in those cilantro seeds! Love!

2. Pat says:

Thank you for writing this and sending it to me.
    God bless you Kathy. Love, Mama

3. Your brother in law says:

I just ate a piece of chocolate cake for him. It not Pat’s fabulous chocolate cake that Ken (and all of us) loved so much, but its chocolate and Ken loved it. As I was leaving for work this morning, I was wearing one of his favorite shirts and I looked around the garden to see what he would be showing me today. In the pond the lavender colored water hyacinths were blooming as well as many of his father’s day lilies. I guess he is still showing me things in the garden that some of us would pass by and take for granted. Ken took life at a slower and more appreciative pace, taking notice of the beauty around us. I am glad he shared it all with me. I love and miss him. He made my world beautiful.

4. mooncat says:

Growing things is good.

5. Jennifer says:

I am glad we met for Mexican to take your mind off your woes for a little while. Salsa always cheers me up. food cheers me up. What can I say, I’m fat!!!

Thanks, everyone. And me too, Jennifer. Salsa can cure so many ills.

7. Nancy says:

Beer and Salsa help more! :)

Beer and Salsa help more!

Yeah, if only it had been dinner instead of lunch. :) And I’d add margaritas to that list.