When Real Life Interferes with Blogging

I’m sure there’s a prescription medication to treat it, but I’m too busy to find one.  :)

I attended the first annual Bailey Thomson Awards Luncheon today to hear Pulitzer-Prize winner and Atlanta Journal-Constitution editorial page editor Cynthia Tucker.  Great speech, excellent company, and an opportunity to recharge the batteries for the ongoing struggle to reform Alabama’s 1901 Constitution.

Off to dentist appointments now.  More later, I hope — if life stops getting in the way.

7 Responses to “When Real Life Interferes with Blogging”

1. PTSD Mom says:

Cynthia Tucker appears to be a quite an interesting woman. Did her speech have anything to do with the reform efforts? I enjoy being in the presence of inspiring women. We have so much to learn from each other.

She spoke about Bailey Thomson and the history of this latest attempt at reform — there have been other; this one got started in the 90′s with Bailey and several others forming Alabama Citizens for Constitutional Reform. She’s an Alabama native, so she can relate to the difficulties of changing anything here.

3. PTSD Mom says:

Kathy, just re-read my post. LOL. I am NOT implying that I am an inspiring woman; just that I admire and enjoy learning from other women that are out there using the gifts they were give.

AL sounds like Texas; well, Texas since the Bush Family kidnapped the state.

4. Jennifer says:

Oh you should have called me!! I love her! Oh well, I probably couldn’t have gone anyway. I had to go eat lunch with the goddess, which consisted of my sitting with her and telling her to eat her lunch and quit hanging on me. How anyone can eat taco salad at 10:30 in the morning is beyond me!!

Ooh, lunch with a couple hundred elementary school students — my favorite! ;)

“How anyone can eat taco salad at 10:30 in the morning is beyond me!!”

Word. I never eat when I meet 9YOD, and she just can’t understand why.

6. Renee Harmon says:

“Ate” lunch today with the now 12 year old daughter for her birthday. Even brought her an Arby’s lunch, but it was way too early (10:50) for me to eat with her. The decibel level in the cafeteria today was off the scale! Yikes! Wait, this is not at all what this post is about. Jennifer, quit deflecting from Kathy’s serious, highly enlightening posts!!!!

It’s getting more societal and glamorous around here all the time.