Light Posting Till Later

14YOD gets her wisdom teeth out this afternoon.  I’m filling out forms and worrying right now; once she’s home and heavily medicated, I’ll see what’s happening in the world.

10 Responses to “Light Posting Till Later”

1. Jennifer says:

It’s funny, we spent yesterday with friends visiting from Germany and they have a 14 yo. Her wisdom teeth are coming in funny but they are not allowed to be removed until she is 18. Isn’t that weird? I mean, they’re just teeth for heaven’s sake!!
    Of course, Germany has also passed a law stating that after September1, no one will be allowed to smoke inside any building, even your own private residence. Gotta love those Germans!

Can’t get wisdom teeth out until 18? Quick! Somebody tell Michael Moore!

3. KathyF says:

Hope everything went okay! My oldest had hers out, and though she’s a real baby about pain, she didn’t even have to take a pill afterward. Good luck.

4. KathyF says:

Also, Germany currently has the most lax smoking laws in Europe, though they’ll restrict it in some places on Sept 1. Not in people’s homes, however, and not in all restaurants and bars.

She’s doing okay. She is still in pain and a bit nauseated, but the meds are keeping everything under control. Thanks!

6. Paul says:

Remember, pills are our friends. Hang in there, both of you!

7. Songbird says:

Oh, poor thing! I hope she is feeling better today. We have major tooth extractions coming up for both Snowman and The Princess.

Thanks! Sleep seems to be today’s agenda — I guess pain and nausea meds will do that.

9. Renee says:

Better living through chemistry!

Yep. I just had a vision of some 19th century dentist with a pair of pliers and a bottle of whiskey.