Someone Didn’t Get the Memo

ADDENDUM:  Steve M. notes that LaHood announced his upcoming retirement today.  So I guess he no longer has to care what Karl Rove says.  Lucky man.

UPDATE:  Second link fixed.  Sorry ’bout that!

While the White House is busy trying to dismiss Congressional investigations and claiming that all this, um, oversight is distracting from real legislative needs, Rep. Ray LaHood apparently failed to read his daily Rove talking points:

“They’ve had a pretty strong quarter,” said Rep. Ray LaHood (R-Ill.), who praised the insurance bill as “creative” and suggested the homeland security bill would pass overwhelmingly. “The first quarter was not so good, and that’s why they’re not looking so good in the polls, but this quarter is looking very good for them. They can send their members home crowing about their accomplishments, and they’ve done it in a bipartisan way, which is exactly what they promised to do,” LaHood said.

I bet LaHood has already been sent to the woodshed.  We can’t have reality getting in the way of a good spin.

9 Responses to “Someone Didn’t Get the Memo”

1. Christopher says:

Isn’t it wonderful to FINALLY see these lawbreaking thugs who populate the Bush junta, under fire and being held accountable?

It only took 7 years!

Better late than never. I’d like to see Gonzo take the perp walk, although we know W would pardon him before he went to trial.

3. mooncat says:

Maybe Rep. LaHood is thinking now might be a good time to switch parties. Rats, sinking ship, etc.

You know, if he’d be a real Democrat, unlike, say, Lieberman, I’d take him. The bigger the majority, the better.

5. Christopher says:

My fantasy is for Bush and Cheney to be dragged kicking and screaming in shackles from the White House, flown to the Hague and charged with crimes against humanity and war crimes.

The shipped off to GITMO for a long prison stint of maybe, 25 years.

Oh well, a boy can dream! :-)

6. mooncat says:

Christopher, I have that exact same dream.

At this point, I’d take the self-awareness to see what they’ve done and a public mea culpa from each of them. Sadly, that scenario is probably less likely than yours.

Kathy, not good enough. Gitmo is the answer. Although I’m thinking an eternal Gitmo may be in their futures……

I know I’m a soft-hearted liberal, but if I object to Bushco treating others this way, I can’t wish the same treatment on the perpetrators. It’s an empathy thing.

Now if I had the opportunity to force Mitt Romney into a crate on top of the momvan and take him on a twelve-hour drive, well… ;)