Excuse Me, But I Believe I Pay the Mortgage On That House…

…or at least the property taxes.  If Dick Cheney is going to live in the VP’s residence, he doesn’t get to destroy the visitors’ list.  The American people have a right to know who comes to visit.  Jack Cafferty agrees.  Check it out.

9 Responses to “Excuse Me, But I Believe I Pay the Mortgage On That House…”

What is his deal with this? Is it just “it’s the principle of the thing, I need my privacy” that has now entered Howard Hughes-class weirdness? I can’t believe he’s having guests in there whose names he really needs to hide. Or [adjusting tinfoil hat] maybe we’re supposed to be getting all flustered about who’s been calling on Cheney, so we fail to focus on something else.

“Or [adjusting tinfoil hat] maybe we’re supposed to be getting all flustered about who’s been calling on Cheney, so we fail to focus on something else.”

:lol:

Or maybe you’re right. I wouldn’t put anything past him.

I’ve been saying for years now that they get all their strategy from Agatha Christie. All during Rathergate I was screaming “Witness for the Prosecution!” to anybody who would listen (not many).

4. Cindi says:

If you’re not doing anything wrong, why do you have to destroy the evidence? Why are these nutjobs still in office????

5. It would almost be funny if they weren’t so scary.

6. Dan says:

I don’t know. I really dislike the whole, “If you have nothing to hide…” line of accusation. Then again, I’m the type of guy who only cracks the window if pulled over even though I’ve had nothing to drink.

Then again, I’m not in a taxpayer-funded car.

“Then again, I’m not in a taxpayer-funded car.”

Exactly, Dan, and you’re not an elected official with a taxpayer-funded salary either. And you’re not doing official business in that car. There’s a very real difference.

Oh, and I hate that old, “If you have nothing to hide, then why do care if the government checks your library records, reads your email, taps your phone, etc.” as well. It’s a load of crap. I see what Cheney’s doing as more along the lines of an employee destroying records so his employers won’t know what he’s been doing on company time.

Del, I love your analogy, and as a Christie fan, I totally get it. :)

9. How much “news” airtime was expended on who spent the night in the Clinton White House…? At least we had a list!