Your Daily Dose of Crazy

Fred Phelps and his kooky family, um, that is, the Westboro Baptist Church, have announced that they will picket Jerry Falwell’s funeral.  Because — wait for it — Falwell was a “fag-enabler”.  And an Arminian.  Yeah, I had to look it up, too, and I’m at least nominally Methodist.

Go read the whole rant.  Don’t worry, the link above is not to a Phelps site.  Melissa and Pam have the story, too.  Check ‘em all out and then please, please come back here and explain to all of us how Falwell helped to create the “Satanic Sodomite Zeitgeist”, whatever the hell that is.  Extra points for humor and originality.

17 Responses to “Your Daily Dose of Crazy”

1. Ok, here goes: Falwell was a fag-enabler because fags still exist and therefore whatever Falwell might have been doing to fight fagdom, the fact that it did not work proves that Falwell in reality was enabling them and not fighting them.

2. Roy says:

All I know for sure is that “Satanic Sodomite Zeitgeist” would be a great name for a band.

Lisa, that makes about as much sense as anything to do with Phelps could.

Roy, you’re right. That would be priceless. City Stages or the Crawfish Boil could book the band, and then Fred would have to show up and picket. After observing the crowd at this year’s Crawfish Boil, I think I can predict with near certainty that he’d get his ass kicked, especially if he brought along the “God Hates America” signs.

4. bill says:

Kathy,

While they might hate the “God Hates America” signs, I think a significant number would cheer the “God Hates Fags” signs.

5. Brian says:

Wouldn’t that also make SBC “fag-enablers” since their are still homosexuals?

Those crazies are just media-whores.

6. Brian says:

their = there. Sorry!

7. Yes, Brian, you are correct about the SBC. Actually, you might even say that Phelps is a fag-enabler, because despite his constant calling down of divine wrath, that wrath has yet to come to pass. Hmmm… when will he start protesting himself?

I think he’s a fag-enabler because he’s one of the best advertisements for gay rights out there. His rhetoric is so ugly it pushes people the other way.

Bill, sadly, you’re probably right — unless the Phelpses tried to get between them and their music. Or the beer tent.

And Brian, you’re spot on. They are media-whores. I try to avoid posting about them most of the time; this one was just too funny to miss.

10. Mad Patriot says:

I must be losing my touch. I just don’t even know what to say. My best work is when I can add some tidbit to make the situation seem even more absurd than it truly is. That just doesn’t work here. :(

Yeah, it’s not often that life is so screwed up it’s beyond parody, but that just may be the case here.

12. Aaron Kinney says:

Which person or group will next be accused by WBC as “fag-enabling”? Focus on the Family? Neo Nazis?

Maybe the Family Research Council.

14. bill says:

James Dobson and Pat Robertson, soddomite couple.

15. trey says:

I love it! maybe soon we’ll see reps from Focus on the Fam protesting the WBC for polluting their just cause.

16. Jennifer B says:

Wow, I just checked out Fred’s website. Um, I think he has a real problem with homosexuals. Kathy, you are going to hell for sure. If you get there first, would you save me a seat?

I’ll be mixing the margaritas, girl!

Now go wash out your brain with bleach — Fred’s website is toxic.