Shout!

Shout, Birmingham’s second annual gay & lesbian film festival, kicks off tomorrow night (Friday, April 27) at WorkPlay.  This year’s festival features a documentary film about our own Rep. Patricia Todd and her historic campaign.  It also highlights actor Alan Cumming (X2:X-Men United) and Alabama’s own Jeff Key, whose one-man show, The Eyes of Babylon, is one of the most powerful and beautiful plays I have ever had the honor to experience.

Joe at Bessemer Opinions has a wonderful in-depth post on Jeff Key, his service in Iraq, and the Mehadi Foundation, which he established to help the children of Iraq.

Shout promises to be a great event.  Don’t miss it!

8 Responses to “Shout!”

1. Thanks for the SHOUT-out! Hubby and I are going tonight to see the Todd documentary. Anyone who’s interested in Alabama politics (I guess that’s anyone who reads this blog!) should come. And the Cumming movie looks to be an interesting one – there’s a review in today’s City Scene. Not my cup of tea, I’m more of a documentary person, but film buffs will probably enjoy it. My daughter’s going because she likes David Boreanz.

David Boreanaz. Yum!

3. ALmod says:

David Boreanez? I’m SO there!

4. Zach says:

Ya’ll are SOO gay.

Zach, David Boreanaz and James Marsters covered in oil and wrestling? That is so gay.

Buffy: Good, good. I haven’t had quite enough jealous vampire crap for one night.
    Spike: He wears lifts, you know.
    Buffy: You know, one of these days I’m just gonna put you two in a room and let you wrestle it out.
    Spike: No problem at this end.
    Buffy: Ooh. There could be oil of some kind involved.

6. bill says:

Stop drooling dear.

7. chris says:

Jeff Key is kind, very bright, quick-witted and spiritual. He has a great presence and (somebody has to say it) he’s darn good looking. I remember thinking if he changed clothes one more time on stage I might miss the message :)

Seriously, The Eyes of Babylon was very powerful, and I thought well received in B’ham, although in truth the audience was made up of the usual suspects.

Chris, you’re right. Jeff is all those things, including good looking. And incredibly tall. I introduced myself to him Friday night and just kept tipping my head back till I could finally see his face.