The Flea

I was supposed to go back to Georgia today, but I sent Dear Husband on without me because it appear I have the “flea”.  I blame Jennifer B for this; if she hadn’t discussed it on her blog, I would have remained immune.  Or not.  ;)  Maybe a flu shot would have been in order, and I’ll start getting them as soon as the doctors figure out a way to give a shot without a needle.

As part of thanking the Deity for small favors, I will mention that no barfing has been involved thus far.  Fever – check; body aches – you bet; chest on fire – yep.  But no yakking, hurling, or worship of the porcelain goddess.  Woohoo!

Kindly Dr. Renee has taken pity on me and called in a prescription for Tamiflu to the local CVS.  Of course, since DH is in Georgia and his parents have taken the girls to Tennessee for the week, I’ll be driving to said CVS — in my new flannel nightie that I got for Christmas.  Good thing there’s a pick-up window.

12 Responses to “The Flea”

1. Songbird says:

Thank heavens for the drive-up window! Feel better soon!!

2. Don says:

Yeah, but remember what momma’s always said when their kids were goin’ somewhere about wearin’ clean underwear in case you’re in an accident.

Feel better soon!

3. Don says:

I guess I need a cup of coffee. First I put an apostrophe in “mommas” then I echo Songbird.

Get well, Kathy.

4. Loretta Nall says:

Hoep you feel better soon Kathy. I know you are not a pot smoker but it works wonders for the flu. Great for congestion as it is an expectorant and makes you cough all that foul mess up. It also stimulates your appetite so that you can eat and fuel your body to fight the bug. And it just plain makes you feel better.

5. Katharine says:

Poor dear! Drink as much hot tea as you can stand. And wrap yourself up in warm blankets.

6. Get yourself feeling better, lady!

Ooh! One thing that I’ll always remember from a pregnancy where I craved Japanese food… Ginger does wonders for nausea!

Do you want me to call and get one of Loretta’s prescriptions before I come home? :) Get well, sweetie.

And Renee, if you’re reading, thank you! I was going to e-mail you to check on Kathy, but she beat me to the puch.

8. Kathy there is a flu “shot” that you inhale. No needles. and you can honestly say you inhaled.

Thanks. everyone! If I don’t feel better soon, I may look into Loretta’s prescription. ;)

MWT, my kids have had the FluMist before, but I’ve gotten the impression that it’s not so easy for an adult to obtain it. Maybe not. Next year I’ll just ask right out.

Prissy is loving this — her mommy is a captive companion now after being gone so much the past few weeks. The cats don’t really care, but they do like the heating pad.

10. Ka'Dield says:

I’m sorry you’re feeling nasty sweetie :(

Hope you’re feeling better soon!

11. Jennifer B says:

I didn’t realize the flea was transmissible via e-mail….my deepest apologies!! Anna’s case was so mild it was ridiculous, but she has developed each symptom individually, including the dreaded “yak”, so don’t rule it out yet!!
    Next year, ask darling Renee for the FluMist….they shoot it up your nose, it’s marginally unpleasant and then it’s over with. And I think it actually offers better protection since it’s a live vaccine and the shot is a killed vaccine. I may be wrong about that, though, since WedMD lies sometimes!!!
    I hope you feel better; take to your bed and watch Lifetime television all day!! There’s nothing like watching really bad acting in really bad movies about really unpleasant people with angst to cure what ails you!!!

12. Renee says:

Glad to be of service, dear friend. FluMist is in order for you next year. And anything is available for the right price, not just for the kiddies. I’ll bring you some chicken noodle soup if you want.