Seen Somewhere In Birmingham

Okay, before anyone yells at me, I think Hugo Chavez was out of line in his remarks to the UN.  But I just about fell out of my chair laughing at a comment I saw somewhere that the sulfur smell was actually due to Bush’s fondness for flatulence.  I hope he can restrain himself while he’s in town today, but those of us who comprise “the public” will never know for sure.

Hat tip, REDACTED you know who you are.

8 Responses to “Seen Somewhere In Birmingham”

1. Donna says:

Rafael Correa, the leftist presidential front-runner in Ecuador, said this about Bush, “Calling Bush the devil is offending the devil.”

I think we can all agree that Bush is not well liked. :-)

2. Lisa in Hoover says:

I was stuck for 20 minutes waiting for King George to go by. Some of the comments from other waiting drivers weren’t real complimentary.

I am glad that Hoover is getting some publicity for our ethanol fueling station. But I remember the time that I actually met the Shrub, he was here in town several years ago to announce funding for U.S. Fish and Wildlife. Had tons of people including our Ruffner Mountain crew and kids from the YMCA day camp. Of course, that funding never actually came about, and all this alternative energy talk won’t go anywhere in this administration. It will only happen when individual cities like Hoover and states like California take their own action.

Yeah, Lisa, it’s just more posturing. He’s not going to anger his buddies in the oil business by making a real national push for alternative energy sources.

Sorry about the traffic. I’d find it hard to avoid road rage in that situation.

Donna, you’re right, W is not well liked, and (even scarier) he’s not respected either.

4. Cosmic Glue says:

Sure you do. That’s why you spent the rest of the post equivocating for them.

Personally, I think the measure of Chavez is that he systematically censors, destroys, and kills anything that would dare criticize him. Bush not only allowed him to come into the country, but to speak, to be critical — and afterwards, to not return fire in kind.

CG, I know you find this hard to comprehend, but I dislike Chavez more than I dislike Bush. Chavez, however, has very little ability to affect my quality of life.

6. Blue Gal says:

Sorry, some of us think Chavez was holding back. Kathy, speaking of being down wind from the Preznit, ahem.

7. Blue Gal says:

BTW Chavez is the honestly elected leader of Venezuela which is more than you can say for Bush.

Drivin’ the kids to school on CITGO gas today. Viva la revolution.

(Let ‘em yell at me, Kathy. I can take it.)

8. G.s... says:

“I always find it interesting and ironic that your sort prefer Chavez and various assorted leftists to Bush, but have yet to emigrate to their paradises.”

I’m rather fond of the idea of Heaven, myself.

But I’m in no damn hurry too get there.