On the Other Hand…

Bush (“I’m a uniter, not a divider”) used his prime time 9/11 speech last night to try to justify the war with Iraq.  Even though he admits Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11.  Except when he claims that it does.  In related news, Americans report increased incidence of whiplash.

13 Responses to “On the Other Hand…”

1. [...] UPDATE: Kathy was the first person who seems to have confirmed my prediction. It’s not hard. “I bet Bush uses 9/11 to justify his war in Iraq.” It works every time. [...]

Wow my neck hurts…..

3. If I wasn’t bulimic before, watching the president right after I ate dinner certainly headed me in that direction. My stomach actually hurt. I am a writer, but I cannot come up with words to describe the depths of my anger and despair about Bush and his cadre.

4. Anna says:

Ditto with Lisa in Hoover.

5. Songbird says:

He made me sick, too.

Lisa, Anna and Songbird,

I apologize for your maladies….but you have my respect. At least you had the courage to watch him. I can’t even do that anymore. I’m afraid I’ll go postal and hurt someone if I listen to him for more than 7.3 seconds…….

7. My husband made me watch. I did inoculate myself by watching Keith Olberman on Countdown first. But hubby says I can’t comment on a speech if I don’t listen to it. Kind of like if you don’t vote you can’t complain. But… the stupid…. it hurts!

And Olbermann was wonderful!

9. Cindi says:

I couldn’t watch. I get angry and throw things at the TV. We’ve replaced three so far this year (lol). No, really, I just get too angry and holler at the TV. Watching him just brings back my partner’s time in Iraq all over again. PTSD, night terrors…the whole shebang. Just can’t do it. I hear rumors that an entire administration can be impeached. If so, why are the dems so emasculated?

10. Anna says:

I didn’t watch in real time. Just the clips on the news.

I never listen to him speak. He sounds like a dumb @%# and is a liar. I try not to listen to liars.

11. Anna says:

PS…. Kathy, your mentioning Olberman got me curious and I watched last night. What a funny guy! I laughed out loud several times.

Thanks for the heads up.

Anna, we don’t miss Countdown at our house. The VCR is set to tape it in case we’re not home. Keith is the best!