I Guess I’ll Get To Vote In the Democratic Primary After All

The latest poll of likely Republican voters in Alabama shows Bob Riley leading Roy Moore by 44 points.

The Mobile Press-Register/University of South Alabama poll found that 64 percent of people who identified themselves as Republican primary voters planned to vote for Riley. Moore, the ousted Alabama Supreme Court chief justice, was favored by 20 percent of the participants.

“These poll results suggest that Moore’s campaign has pretty well tanked,” said USA political scientist Keith Nicholls, who directed the polling.

Woohoo!

Moore dismissed the results, saying that they would prove “totally inaccurate” when voters go to the polls.

Sounds like magical thinking to me, Roy. Don’t you consider magic sinful?

8 Responses to “I Guess I’ll Get To Vote In the Democratic Primary After All”

1. Blue Gal says:

Great news! and thanks for your vote of confidence, btw.

You’re welcome!

I’ll be voting against him just to be sure…..

4. Jamison says:

Kathy did you ever work out the open primary math?? What percentage of Democrats and Independents are going to be voting in the open Republican primary? These polling only Republican surveys may be hiding his support across the politic spectrum. I don’t want to wake up on the day after the Republican primary only to find out that the insane nutjob won! We’ve got to cover all the bases.

BTW, good work on the Congressional districts 6 of the 7 covered. I’d been happier with 7 of the 7, but I’ll cut you guys a break this time. ;)

5. Roy’s a closet occultist; Dungeons & Dragons player; something! He clearly believes in magic. But I’m with Bill, better safe than really… REALLY!… sorry.

Jamison, I don’t know how many Democrats and Independents will vote in the Republican primary, but my guess is most of them would be voting against Roy. It’s hard to tell from the terminology in the article (“likely Republican primary voters”) whether the people surveyed all identified as Republicans or all identified as people who are planning to vote in the Republican primary -who may or may not be Republicans.

Still, Jeff and Bill have a point. Better safe than sorry.

Okay, so does this mean it’s safe to vote for Lucy as a Dem, or do we still need to vote against Moore?

Del, I wish I knew. Moore also has some minions running for other offices, and it would be fun to vote against them too.