Happy Holidays!

…with no political meaning whatsoever. Whether your faith tradition celebrates holy days this time of year or you’re just getting a welcome respite from the routine, I hope your days are blessed with love, laughter, good food, fun, family, and friends.

I’ll be cooking my first Christmas dinner on my own this year. Wonderful husband is smoking a turkey and a couple of pork tenderloins, and my mother-in-law will bring fabulous desserts, but I’m tackling the dressing, sweet potatoes, et al, by myself. My parents won’t be able to come over this year; the chemo is really wearing Daddy down, so we’ll go see them early next week. I’m used to my mother taking over the kitchen when they visit, but this year it’s time to step up and be an adult (at 46).

Pam (of Pam’s House Blend) and Kate will be visiting Birmingham after Christmas, and I’m hoping we get the chance to meet in the real world.

May the new year bring us all good health, happiness, and lots of interesting stories to blog.

9 Responses to “Happy Holidays!”

1. enigma4ever says:

Thank you for making Blogatopia a nicer place to hang out…and thank you for stopping by htt://watergatesummer.blogspot.com/, Happy Holidays…peace..namaste

2. LizW says:

Good luck with the cooking, Kathy! I’ll also be doing dressing by myself this year, too, since my mom will be going to church before she heads to our house.

I have been known to cheat in the past and drive over to Joel’s in Trussville and BUY dressing! But not this year!

I hope your holiday is joyful, and your dressing comes out right.

Liz

3. Songbird says:

Merry Christmas, Kathy! Good luck with the cooking.

4. blogenfreude says:

happy everything … and a happy new year!

5. wanda says:

I hope all went well with your Christmas dinner.
    I also hope your Dad is feeling better and was able to enjoy being with you and the family. I know it has to be difficult to get into the spirit of the celebration when your feeling so crappy.

I am so glad that I discovered you blog. You’ve certainly broadened my horizons. It’s comforting to know I’m not alone as a ‘blue lady’ in a red state!

Thanks, everyone! The dinner went well — better than expected, really, except for the dogs eating the giblets. My mother-in-law came to the rescue and made gravy anyway.

We are in Georgia right now visiting my parents. My father had a break from chemo over Christmas week, so he is feeling better right now. He had chemo today and will have it again tomorrow, and he’s not looking forward to the sore mouth, headache, and general yuckiness that will likely set in on Thursday. We’ll head home then and give him a chance to rest.

7. Ryan says:

im a little late but hope u had a wonderful christmas. and a awesome and safe new year!

Thanks, Ryan — and same to you!

9. Anonymous says: